Extend your stay in Vietnam
This section explains you how to apply Visa extension for permission of staying longer in Vietnam with the purpose of visiting relatives, traveling, business or others.
Extending Vietnam visa must be applied some days before your visa expired date. It takes 5 – 7 working days to finish after you submit your passport and requirements at our Visa office.
You have opportunity to extend your stay in Vietnam by visa extension or renewal. So what is difference between a visa extension and renewal? Please note that visa extension or renewal depends on your current visa.
1. Visa extension means that you will have new staying duration permission in Vietnam.
In order to apply visa extension, your current visa has to meet some requirements of Vietnam Immigration Department.
– Your current visa type has to be correspondent to your staying extending requirement.
- Stay in 1 more month: If your current visa is 1 month single, 1 month multiple, 3 month single or 3 month multiple entries visa, you are allowed to extend visa in 1 more month.
- Stay in 3 more months: If your current visa is 3 month single or 3 month multiple entry visa, you can apply to extend visa in 3 more months
2. Renewal Vietnam visa means that you are granted a new visa stamp and visa sticker on your passport with the new duration permission. The staying length is valid maximum in 3 months. Moreover the visa renewal fee is higher than the visa extension fee because we have to pay stamping fee and visa sticker fee for you.
Visa renewal is ready for someone who:
- Entered Vietnam with visa exemption.
- Has current visa is not correspondent to your staying extending requirement.
- If you would like to upgrade your current visa from 1 month to 3 month, you have to apply to renew 3 month single entry or 3 month multiple entries.
- If you would like to upgrade your current visa from single entry to multiple entry, you have to apply to renew visa.
- Wish to get multiple entry visa in 1 month and 3 months.
In order to apply your Vietnam visa extension or Vietnam visa renewal the staying temporary permission, please provide some necessary information as below to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (attached files)
- Passport Copy
- Current visa Copy
- Immigration stamp
- Your temporary staying permission book or paper which registered with police (if yes)
If you do not have the scanner, you can also take pictures of these items and send to us by email (Set at high resolution)
We will inform what you have to do and how much you have to pay. Or you can come to our Visa Office directly for further information
Please feel free to contact us if you have any requests.
Vietnam Visa Team
Address: Room A2, Vietnphone Building, 64 Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street, Da Kao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Hotline: 0989.932.292 – 01284.313.195
(Contact Mr. Nikko)